Craig Johnson is a fitness expert with more than 20 years of experience in the health industry and is the owner of New Horizons Wellness and Fitness in Austin, Texas. Well-known and respected in his field, he was a featured Fitness Experts on KTBC Fox 7 News’ Workout Wednesday for over 18 months.
Craig focuses on educating clients in fitness, while also providing sound nutritional information. As a Medical Exercise Specialist, Craig assists clients in their rehabilitative process from injuries and illnesses while working with healthcare professionals to shorten recovery time.
To keep up with the ever-changing health industry, Craig studies many different areas of fitness. He is familiar with yoga, Pilates and plyometric training. His training is based on the Five Fields of Fitness:
- Balance: body alignment, and posture improvement
- Coordination: movement to improve proprioception
- Cardiovascular endurance: to improve oxygen uptake and usage
- Muscle strength: increase muscularity
- Flexibility: improve range of motion
Craig believes that these principles are essential to living a longer, healthier life.
Training and Certifications
- Personal Trainer
- Medical Exercise Specialist
- Certified by the American Council on Exercise
- Certified by the American Academy of Fitness Professionals
- American Senior Fitness Association Pre- & Post-Natal Exercise Trainer